Our recent research of adwares was quite successful and now we want to share it with you. Welcome – CheckMeUp adware. It’s a recent virus that is now spreading among Internet users all over the world at full lick. Actually it is not that dangerous as for example MyStartSearch virus but still we strongly recommend you to delete it from your PC immediately. Keep reading and you will find out how to do that on your own.
How can CheckMeUp adware get into your computer?
CheckMeUp adware its a regular adware module that can get into your system in several simple ways. The most common way to infect your computer with CheckMeUp is unreliable downloads and installs. Be attentive and don’t neglect my recommendations. Always check out what you install on your computer, read user’s licence agreement and make sure you unmark all useless and suspicious tips during installation process. These might be offers to download some extensions and plugins, additional utilities, toolbars etc. As experience shows it is trash and you don’t need it installed on your computer.
How does CheckMeUp adware adware affect your computer?
Nice question and we are ready to answer. First you will find that your homepage might be changed to some other, the one that you didn’t confirm. Then you will see that all your searches are redirected to some other search machines. You will also see hundreds of annoying pop-ups that will take a lot of your nerves, time and probably money. Still have doubts about delete CheckMeUp adware or not. We are sure you are now ready to take a correct decision.
How to delete CheckMeUp adware from your computer?
To delete CheckMeUp adware virus we recommend you to scan your PC with Trojan Killer by GridinSoft LLC, a reliable anti-malware application for thorough adware and malware elimination from your system. You will also need to reset your browser with its assistance. If you have any troubles of difficulties deleting this browser hijacker, please feel free to contact us at any time when you need it.
How to remove it?
If you detect CheckMeUp and want to eliminate it as quickly as possible, then you can follow the removal instructions given below. We wrote full manuals how to delete CheckMeUp automatically and manually. Of course, you can choose a manual technique to remove this unpleasant program. But, we must warn that manual removal may be complex and difficult task for novice user. If you do not have considerable experience in dealing with such software, it is better is you select automatic removal tool.
Automatic removal tool for CheckMeUp
It is a perfect tool both for home and corporate usage. Developed specifically for automatic removal of viruses, bots, spyware, keyloggers, trojans, scareware and rootkits without the need to manually edit system files or registry, Trojan Killer additionally fixes system modifications that were introduced by malware and which, regretfully, are often ignored by some popular antivirus scanners. Also Trojan Killer is quite easy to install and to use due to its intuitive interface. We strongly recommend you to start protecting your computer with this antimalware tool. Thousands of users have already tested Trojan Killer on their PCs which means that you have nothing to worry about. You can download it by clicking the link below.
CheckMeUp step by step removal instruction:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- Please, choose “Standart scan”, “Quick scan” or “Full scan” to scan your PC.
- Delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important: Shut down all your browsers before next steps.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Please, click “Reset” button.
This video will help you to reset your internet browser using Trojan Killer by GridinSoft:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with CheckMeUp in the future.
GridinSoft Trojan Killer offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “Real-Time Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
This options helps you to prevent execution of malicious programs and to avoid their installation ahead of time. When certain malware tries to install itself into your system, GridinSoft Trojan Killer and its Real-Time Protection module will terminate this installation attempt ahead of time. You may click on “Confirm” button to continue blocking this malicious program, or to select “Ignore this file” and allow the malicious application to be installed (at your own risk):
The manual removal for advanced users.
- Click “START” and choose “Сontrol Panel”
For Windows 8
- Please, select “Programs and Features”.
- Now on your screen appear window to uninstall or change a program.
- Search the name adware and select on “Uninstall”
Also, you should reminded that you need to uninstall all add-ons from your internet browser and other tied junkware. If this task is a difficult for you, please use Trojan Killer.
Reset your browsers
CheckMeUp adware can sometimes affect the settings of your browser, by changing search options and replacing homepage. We recommend you to use the function “Reset Browser Settings” in “Tools” of Trojan Killer to reset all browsers at once. But make sure you have already deleted all the files related to CheckMeUp adware before resetting your browser options. To make it all manually, use the instructions below:
For Internet Explorer:
- If you are using Windows XP, click Start, and Open. Type the following in the Opened box without quotes and press Enter: “inetcpl.cpl“.
- If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista click Start. Type the following in Search box without quotes and press Enter: “inetcpl.cpl“.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset under Reset Internet Explorer. And then click Resetone more time in the opened window.
- Tick Delete personal settings to remove the history of search default your home page.
- When resetting of Internet Explorer is complete, click Close in the dialog box.
For Google Chrome:
- Find the installation folder of Google Chrome at: C: Users “username” AppData Local Google Chrome Application User Data.
- In User Data folder find Default and rename it to DefaultBackup.
- Open your Google Chrome browser and a new Default file will be created.
- Google Chrome settings are now reset.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Open Menu and select Help > Information for problem solving.
- Click the Reset Firefox button.
- Once Firefox completes the process of resetting, it will show open the window and create a new folder on your desktop.
- Click Finish.