Reset your browsers
The hijacker/virus/adware can sometimes affect the settings of your browser, by changing search options and replacing homepage. We recommend you to use the function “Reset Browser Settings” in “Tools” of GridinSoft Anti-Malware to reset all browsers at once (this feature is absolutely FREE). But make sure you have already deleted all the files related to hijacker/virus/adware before resetting your browser options. You can download it by clicking the link below.
To make it all manually, use the instructions below:
For Internet Explorer:
- If you are using Windows XP, click Start, and Open. Type the following in the Opened box without quotes and press Enter: “inetcpl.cpl“.
- If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista click Start. Type the following in Search
box without quotes and press Enter: “inetcpl.cpl“.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset under Reset Internet Explorer. And then click Resetone more time in the opened window.
- Tick Delete personal settings to remove the history of search default your home page.
- When resetting of Internet Explorer is complete, click Close in the dialog box.
For Google Chrome:
- Find the installation folder of Google Chrome at: C: Users “username” AppData Local Google Chrome Application User Data.
- In User Data folder find Default and rename it to DefaultBackup.
- Open your Google Chrome browser and a new Default file will be created.
- Google Chrome settings are now reset.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Open Menu and select Help > Information for problem solving.
- Click the Reset Firefox button.
- Once Firefox completes the process of resetting, it will show open the window and create a new folder on your desktop.
- Click Finish.
Also, you may browse the helpful video how to reset browsers in a few click. We recommend you to follow the tips below.